Prioritizing Health and Well-being
As companies, communities and individuals across the globe stand together to navigate these uncertain times, we remain steadfast at Panda Express in our commitment to care for and humbly serve you — our valued guests — as guided by our mission and values as a family business.
The health and well-being of our guests, associates (employees), and their families is, and will always be, our number one priority.
Here Are The Steps We’re Taking
We maintain a safe distance for you and everyone else
Face Masks Required
for Guests & Associates
Let’s stay safe together—all guests and associates are required to wear face coverings
Tamper Evident Seals
& Contactless Pickup
A safe and convenient way to enjoy your Panda favorites
Dedicated Associate as
Hospitality & Sanitation Lead
Our Lead deep cleans store areas consistently throughout the day and ensures great guest experience
& Thorough Handwashing
We follow regulatory requirements for frequent and proper handwashing
We conduct daily wellness checks for our Associates
Keeping Our Community Safe
Check out the video to learn about what we're doing
It is important to protect our communities during these challenging times and that includes you. We have gone to great lengths to ensure our restaurants provide a safe and clean environment, so you can continue to enjoy your Panda favorites. Check out our video to learn more. We look forward to serving you!Behind The Scenes
BTS: Safety Precautions
Filmed with a skeleton crew while maintaining social distance.
Store Hours And Restaurant Locations
Click here for the most up-to-date store information including locations and hours of operations for all of our restaurant locations. Thank you for your support as we navigate through this unprecedented time together!
While the highest health and safety standards and procedures are followed on a daily basis at every Panda location for the past 47 years, we want to make you aware of the extra precautions we have taken in partnership with health authorities.Learn More
Our associates are part of our family and the foundation to our business. We are working quickly to take care of our associates during this time of uncertainty and have invested in new initiatives to care for their physical, mental, and emotional well-being.Learn More
Our philanthropic mission has always been about empowering youth and underserved communities through health and education efforts. In the midst of this public health crisis, Panda donates a $2 million to Feeding America so no family or child goes hungry and continues to donate hot meals and protective equipment so that healthcare workers have the essentials they need to care for communities.Learn More
CARING FOR OUR PEOPLE
Our associates (employees) are part of our family and the foundation to our business. We are working quickly to take care of our associates during this time of uncertainty and have invested in new initiatives to care for their physical, mental, and emotional well-being. In addition to expanding existing benefits to those impacted by COVID-19, such as health insurance, paid sick leave and more, we now offer our Panda family the following:
- Health and Safety Pay - Up to 14 days of pay if an associate is showing symptoms and needs to seek medical attention, an associate may be diagnosed with COVID-19, or if associates must be quarantined due to close contact with someone diagnosed with COVID-19
- Store Closure Pay - Panda is providing pay for associates impacted by individual stores that are temporarily closing
- Change of Operations - Pay for associates whose schedules have been impacted by the change in our operations model
- Dedicated Physical and Mental Health Helplines - This includes access to coronavirus-specialized crisis care nurses, virtual doctors and mental health specialists
We are committed to being here for all of our associates now more than ever. We care. Panda cares.
CARING FOR OUR COMMUNITY
In the midst of this public health crisis, Panda remains committed to our mission of supporting the health and well-being of our communities more than ever. As the current COVID-19 situation continues to progress in the U.S., it is becoming more difficult for medical workers to obtain proper protective gear, making it increasingly hard to treat those in need in their communities.
Through our philanthropic arm Panda Cares, Panda Express has created a COVID-19 Community Care Fund to provide personal protective equipment (PPE) to select hospitals in need so they are best equipped to care for their communities. We are allocating the year-round Panda Cares donation box program to support our COVID-19 relief efforts from March 25 - June 13. All guest donations starting March 25 will be put towards additional PPE, such as respirator masks, face shields, and gowns, to help other hospitals in highly affected areas. Co-Founders and Co-CEOs Andrew and Peggy Cherng will personally donate to the Community Care Fund.
In addition, Panda Cares, with a matching grant from the Cherngs, has donated a total of $2 million worth of surgical and respirator masks as well as gloves to protect patients and healthcare workers at hospitals in COVID-19 hotbeds, such as Southern and Northern California (Methodist Hospital of Southern California, Cedars-Sinai Medical Center, City of Hope Duarte, Huntington Hospital), New York, New Jersey and Washington.
“We thank our guests for their generosity during this challenging time. And most of all, we thank the frontline healthcare workers and first responders, risking their lives every day for those in need. We will do everything in our ability, however big or small, to take care of our heroes. We are here for our community. And we are stronger when we stand together.”
– Dr. Peggy Cherng, Co-founder and Co-CEO of Panda Restaurant Group
OPERATING STORES AT THE HIGHEST STANDARDS
While the highest health and safety standards and procedures are followed on a daily basis at every Panda location for the past 47 years, we want to make you aware of the extra precautions we have taken in partnership with health authorities that include:
- Enhanced hourly sanitizing procedure and deep cleaning four times a day
- Reinforcement of proper handwashing every 15 minutes
- Option for guests to request wrapped utensils
- Training for associates to identify potential symptoms and a clear reporting protocol
- Health and temperature assessments for associates to ensure they are healthy for work
- High-grade hand-sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol in stores
- Gloves and masks for all associates
- Tamper proof bag seals
- Contactless pickup for majority of our stores
- Please note — scientists and authorities who are monitoring the spread of the virus globally have determined that there are no reports of transmission through food (Source: EFSA)
THANK YOU FOR DOING YOUR PART
As members of our extended family, we encourage vigilance in following the best practices, provided by recognized health organizations including the CDC and WHO. Simple, everyday habits can help prevent the spread of illness, including:
- Washing your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Staying home when you feel unwell
- Consulting your healthcare provider asap if you have a fever, cough and difficulty breathing
Thank you for being our loyal guest. Thank you for showing kindness. It’s our privilege to serve you, and we intend to continue communicating with transparency for peace of mind.