Celebration of Good Fortune Sweepstakes
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. Eligibility: Celebration of Good Fortune Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) is open only to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States or District of Columbia who are at least eighteen (18) years old at the time of entry. Employees, officers, directors, contractors or agents of Panda Restaurant Group, Inc., its service and marketing partners, HelloWorld, Inc. and their respective parent and affiliate companies as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings and children) and household members of each such employee, officer, director, contractor or agent are not eligible to enter the Sweepstakes. The Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations and is void where prohibited. Participation constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Sponsor’s and Administrator’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Sweepstakes. Winning the prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
2. Sponsor: Panda Restaurant Group, Inc., 1683 Walnut Grove Ave., Rosemead, CA, 91770. Administrator: HelloWorld, Inc., 3000 Town Center, Suite 2100, Southfield, MI 48075.
3. Timing: The Sweepstakes begins on January 15, 2020 at 12:00 a.m. Eastern Time ("ET") and ends on February 8, 2020 at 11:59 p.m. ET (the "Promotion Period"). Facebook/Instagram's servers are the official time-keeping devices for the Sweepstakes.
4. How to Enter: To participate via methods 4a and 4b below, you will need to have a Facebook and/or Instagram account (each a “Social Account”). Creating each Social Account is free but is subject to the applicable terms and conditions: https://www.facebook.com/legal/terms or https://help.instagram.com/478745558852511/. Posting on Instagram requires a mobile device and therefore message and data rates may apply. If entering via a mobile device and using your wireless carrier’s network, standard data charges from your wireless carrier may apply. Your account settings on the Social Account you use to enter must be set to "unprotected" and/or "public" in order for your Posts or comments to Sponsor's posts to be viewable by Sponsor.
During the Promotion Period, there are three (3) ways to enter, as outlined below:
Via Facebook: Take all of the following actions: (i) find Sponsor’s Sweepstakes post (“Post”); (ii) interact with the filters linked in the Post and take a photograph or video within one of the filters (“Photo” or “Video”); and (iii) comment on the Post with the following content: the Photo or Video and the hashtags #PandaLNY and #sweepstakes.
Your Facebook comment and its included content will hereafter be referred to as your Submission. You automatically will receive one (1) entry into the Sweepstakes for your qualified Submission, subject to Guidelines and limits described below.
Facebook stories will not be deemed entries.
Via Instagram: Take all of the following actions: (i) find one of Sponsor’s Sweepstakes posts (each a “Post”); (ii) interact with the filters linked in the Post and take a photograph or video within one of the filters (“Photo” or “Video”); and (iii) on Instagram, post the Photo or Video and the hashtags #PandaLNY and #sweepstakes and “at mention” @officialpandaexpress within the original Instagram caption and post.
Your Instagram post and its included content will hereafter be referred to as your Submission. You automatically will receive one (1) entry into the Sweepstakes for your qualified Submission, subject to Guidelines and limits described below.
Instagram stories, or Instagram posts where the hashtag is included in a comment to the original post, will not be deemed entries.
Guidelines for Submissions: All Submissions must be your original work. Entrant must have permission from any recognizable individuals who appear in the Submission to use their names and likenesses in the Submission and to grant the rights set forth herein. Minors may only be included in the Submission if entrant is their parent or legal guardian. If requested, you must be able to provide such permissions in a form acceptable to Sponsor. Your Submission need not include any reference, positive or negative, to Sponsor’s products or services. Your Submission must comply with the Official Rules.
Your Submission must not:
be inappropriate, offensive, indecent, obscene, tortious, defamatory, slanderous or libelous;
contain material that violates or infringes another’s rights, including but not limited to privacy, publicity or intellectual property rights, or that constitutes copyright infringement;
disparage Sponsor or any other person or party;
promote alcohol, illegal drugs, tobacco, or firearms/weapons or any political agenda;
promote bigotry, racism, hatred or harm against any group or individual or promotes discrimination based on race, gender, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation, or age;
contain material that is unlawful, in violation of, or contrary to the laws or regulations in any state where Submission is created; or
contain brand names or trademarks other than those owned by Sponsor or Sponsor’s promotional partners, which entrant has a limited license to use to incorporate in his/her Submission.
Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any Submission that it finds unlawful, or in violation of these Official Rules, all in its sole discretion.
Released Parties (as defined in Section 8, below) are not responsible for lost, late, stolen, damaged, incomplete, invalid, un-intelligible, garbled, delayed, or misdirected Submissions or failure to receive Submissions due to limitation of third-party social network platforms; all of which will be void.
Via Mail: To enter without using a mobile device, hand print your full name, mailing address, day and evening phone numbers, valid email address, and date of birth on a 3" x 5" piece of paper and mail it in an envelope with proper postage to "Celebration of Good Fortune Sweepstakes,” c/o HelloWorld, Inc., P.O. Box 5025, Department 842716, Kalamazoo, MI 49003-5025. You will receive one (1) entry into the Sweepstakes for each properly mailed envelope, subject to the limits below. Limit: One (1) entry per envelope. All mail-in entries must be handwritten and must be postmarked by February 8, 2020 and received February 15, 2020. All entries become the exclusive property of Sponsor and none will be acknowledged or returned. Proof of sending or submission will not be deemed to be proof of receipt by Sponsor. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, invalid, unintelligible, illegible, misdirected or postage-due entries, which will be disqualified.
Limit: You may enter up to ten (10) times during the Promotion Period regardless of method of entry. Multiple entrants are not permitted to share the same Social Account or email address. Any attempt by any entrant to obtain more than the stated number of entries by using multiple/different Social Accounts, email addresses, identities, registrations and logins, or any other methods will void that entrant's entries and that entrant may be disqualified. Use of any automated system to participate is prohibited and will result in disqualification. In the event of a dispute as to any registration, the authorized account holder of the Social Account or email address used to register will be deemed to be the entrant. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses used to create the Social Account or for the domain associated with the submitted address. The potential winner may be required to show proof of being an authorized account holder.
5. Sponsor’s Use of Submissions: Posting a Submission constitutes entrant’s consent to give Sponsor a royalty-free, irrevocable, perpetual, non-exclusive license to use, reproduce, modify, publish, create derivative works from, and display such submissions in whole or in part, on a worldwide basis, and to incorporate it into other works, in any form, media or technology now known or later developed, including for promotional or marketing purposes. If requested, entrant will sign any documentation that may be required for Sponsor or its designees to make use of the non-exclusive rights entrant is granting to use the Submission.
6. Winner Selection: Administrator is an independent judging organization whose decisions as to the administration and operation of the Sweepstakes and the selection of the potential winner are final and binding in all matters related to the Sweepstakes. Administrator will randomly select the potential Sweepstakes winner from all eligible entries received during the Promotion Period, on or around February 20, 2020. If the potential winner entered via Method 4a or 4b above, he/she will be notified by Sponsor via the social platform he/she used to enter the Sweepstakes and will be required to provide his/her name, mailing address, date of birth, phone number and email address to confirm eligibility within five (5) days of the date notice or attempted notice is sent. If the potential winner entered via mail, he/she will be notified by email. The potential winner (or parent/legal guardian if winner is a minor in his/her state of residence) will be required to sign and return a Declaration of Compliance, Liability Waiver and, where not prohibited, a Publicity Release ("Declaration") which must be received by Administrator, within five (5) days of the date notice or attempted notice is sent, in order to claim the prize. If a potential winner of any prize cannot be contacted, fails to sign and return the Declaration or provide any other requested information within the required time period, or the prize is returned as undeliverable, the potential winner is disqualified and forfeits the prize. Receiving a prize is contingent upon compliance with these Official Rules. In the event that the potential winner is disqualified for any reason, Sponsor will award the prize to an alternate winner by random drawing from among all remaining eligible entries. Only three (3) alternate drawings will be held, after which the prize will remain un-awarded.
7. Prize: ONE (1) GRAND PRIZE: A trip for four (4) to Universal Studios Hollywood for Lunar New Year 2021. Trip package includes round trip, economy-class air transportation for four (4) from a major airport near winner’s home (determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion) to Los Angeles, CA; three (3) nights' standard accommodations at a hotel determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion (single room, quad occupancy); ground transportation to and from destination airport and hotel; one (1) Universal Studios Hollywood VIP Tour for four (4) people on one (1) day (all details determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion; see terms and conditions below); eight (8) One-Day General Admission park tickets to Universal Studios Hollywood (see terms and conditions below); One Hundred Fifty and 00/100 Dollars ($150.00) in Panda Express gift cards (terms and conditions apply; see below); Five Hundred and 00/100 Dollars ($500.00) Prepaid Card (terms and conditions received with delivery of prepaid card apply); and travel agent services. Winner must travel during Universal Studios Hollywood’s 2021 Lunar New Year Celebration (tentatively scheduled for February 1, 2021 to February 28, 2021 but subject to change) or prize will be forfeited in its entirety. Trip must be booked at least twenty-one (21) days prior to departure. Travel and accommodations are subject to availability and blackout dates. Travel must be round trip. Sponsor will determine airline and flight itinerary in its sole discretion. No refund or compensation will be made in the event of the cancellation or delay of any flight. Travel is subject to the terms and conditions set forth in this Sweepstakes, and those set forth by the Sponsor’s airline carrier of choice as detailed in the passenger ticket contract. All expenses and incidental travel costs not expressly stated in the package description above, including but not limited to, meals, incidentals, gratuities, passenger tariffs or duties, airline fees, surcharges, airport fees, service charges or facility charges, personal charges at lodging, security fees, taxes or other expenses are the responsibility solely of winner. Unless child of winner, each travel companion must be eighteen (18) years of age or older as of the date of departure and must travel on same itinerary and at the same time as the winner. If winner is a minor in his/her state of residence, a travel companion must be winner’s parent/legal guardian. Travel companions must execute liability/publicity releases prior to issuance of travel documents. Travel restrictions, conditions and limitations may apply. If in the judgment of Sponsor air travel is not required due to winner’s proximity to prize location, ground transportation will be substituted for round trip air travel at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Sponsor will not replace any lost, mutilated, or stolen tickets, travel vouchers or certificates. Passes may be subject to standard rain-check policies and procedures. By accepting pass prize, winner agrees to abide by any terms, conditions and restrictions provided by the passes. The Sponsor is not responsible if winner does not use passes. Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”): Eleven Thousand Eight Hundred Twenty-Eight and 00/100 Dollars ($11,828.00). Actual value may vary based on airfare fluctuations and distance between departure and destination. Winner will not receive difference between actual and approximate retail value.
The VIP Experience: The VIP Experience at Universal Studios Hollywood. Reservations are required and subject to availability at time of booking. Children must be at least five (5) years old to take part in the VIP Experience and attend with an accompanying adult (18 or older). All VIP Experience tours and content is subject to availability based on peak periods, production schedules and other factors. Guests must be at least 18 years old to attend without an accompanying adult. Ticket may not be copied, transferred, resold, exchanged or otherwise by winner and no substitution will be made except as provided herein at the Prize Provider’s sole discretion. Ticket will be valid only for the date and time printed on the front of the ticket. Fair Market Value (“FMV”) of each ticket is $399.00. Park, lands, attractions and entertainment subject to change or closure, including for capacity, refurbishing, weather, force majeure, and special events. Ticket invalid for special events requiring a separate charge. Universal Studios Hollywood will not replace any lost, mutilated, or stolen tickets. Universal Studios Hollywood reserves the right to substitute a prize for one of equal or greater value if the designated prize should become unavailable for any reason. Winner is responsible for all taxes and fees associated with prize receipt and/or use.
General Admission Tickets: Universal Studios Hollywood one day General Admission ticket will be valid for the date(s) printed on the front of the ticket. FMV of each ticket is $129.00. Ticket may not be sold, exchanged or otherwise transferred by winner. Ticket does not guarantee admission to the park on high attendance days. Park, lands, attractions and entertainment subject to change or closure, including for capacity, refurbishing, weather, force majeure, and special events. Ticket invalid for special events requiring a separate charge. Universal Studios Hollywood will not replace any lost, mutilated, or stolen Tickets. Tickets are non-transferable and no substitution will be made except as provided herein at the Sponsor’s sole discretion. Universal Studios Hollywood reserves the right to substitute a prize for one of equal or greater value if the designated prize should become unavailable for any reason. Winner is responsible for all taxes and fees associated with prize receipt and/or use.
Panda Express gift card: For balance inquires call: 888-532-7126. The card can only be used at participating Panda Express locations and cannot be used at some airports, stadiums, casinos, theme parks, supermarkets, universities, and other locations, including Universal Studios Hollywood. The card cannot be redeemed for cash unless required by law. The card cannot be used towards the purchase of other gift cards. The value on the card will not be replaced if the card is lost, stolen, destroyed, altered or used without permission. Use of the card constitutes acceptance of these terms and conditions as well as the complete and updated version on our website. Please review them at PandaExpress.com.
Prize is non-transferable and no substitution will be made except as provided herein at the Sponsor’s sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute the prize for one of equal or greater value if the designated prize should become unavailable for any reason. Winner will receive an IRS Form 1099 from Sponsor or its agent and is responsible for all taxes and fees associated with prize receipt and/or use. Winner is solely responsible for seeking all guidance and advice as to the applicable taxes and fees associated with prize receipt and/or use and acknowledges neither Sponsor or Administrator will provide any such guidance or advice. Odds of winning the Sweepstakes prize depend on the number of eligible entries received during the Promotion Period. Total ARV of all prizes: $11,828.00.
8. Release: By receipt of the prize, winner agrees to release and hold harmless Sponsor, Administrator, Wolfgang, LLC, Unit9 Films, Inc., Instagram, LLC, Facebook, Inc., Universal City Studios LLC and their respective subsidiaries, affiliates, suppliers, distributors, advertising/promotion agencies, and prize suppliers, and each of their respective parent companies and each such company’s officers, directors, employees and agents (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against any claim or cause of action, including, but not limited to, personal injury, death, or damage to or loss of property, arising out of participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use or misuse of any prize.
9. Publicity: Except where prohibited, participation in the Sweepstakes constitutes winner’s consent to Sponsor’s and its agents’ use of winner’s name, prize information, likeness, Submission, photograph (including, without limitation, winner's Social Account profile photo), voice, opinions and/or hometown and state for promotional purposes in any media, worldwide, without further payment or consideration.
10. General Conditions: Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Sweepstakes, or any part of it, if any fraud, technical failures, human error or any other factor impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Sweepstakes, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. In such event, Sponsor, in its sole discretion, may elect to hold a random drawing from among all eligible entries received up to the date of discontinuance for any or all of the prizes offered herein. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or to be acting in violation of the Official Rules of this or any other promotion or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
11. Limitations of Liability: The Released Parties are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrants, printing errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes; (2) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Sweepstakes; (4) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Sweepstakes or the processing of entries; (5) late, lost, undeliverable, damaged or stolen mail; or (6) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use or misuse of any prize. If for any reason an entrant's entry is confirmed to have been erroneously deleted, lost, not received, or otherwise destroyed or corrupted, entrant’s sole remedy is another entry in the Sweepstakes, if it is possible. No more than the stated number of prizes will be awarded. In the event that production, technical, seeding, programming or any other reasons cause more than the stated number of prizes as set forth in these Official Rules to be available and/or claimed, Sponsor reserves the right to award only the stated number of prizes by a random drawing among all legitimate, un-awarded, eligible prize claims.
12. Disputes: Except where prohibited, entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan (Southern Division) or the appropriate Michigan State Court located in Oakland County, Michigan; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (3) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Michigan without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of Michigan or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Michigan.
14. Winner List: For a winner list, visit http://bit.ly/2VX3d6a. The winner list will be posted after winner confirmation is complete.
15. Prize Provider: Universal City Studios LLC d/b/a Universal Studios Hollywood is a prize provider only in this Sweepstakes; is not a sponsor of this Sweepstakes; and, is not responsible for the administration of the Sweepstakes, the collection of the entries or the conduct of the draws.
© 2019 HelloWorld, Inc. All rights reserved.
This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Instagram, LLC or Facebook, Inc. Entrants are providing information to Sponsor and not to Facebook or Instagram.